USB Assembled Widget
Low Cost Assembled interface
Controlling your DMX lights from your computer requires an interface. The USB Assembled Widget is the cheapest interface available. This simple low cost widget ships by itself in a box - without a metal case, no usb cable, no documentation and no fancy packaging - ideal for those on a low budget.
Designed for the hobbyist or users who does not require the added features and protection of the DMX USB Pro Mk2 . Compatible with a reduced set of programs compared to the DMX USB Pro Mk2 it will still allow control of 512 channels.
USB 2.0 input and single DMX512 output (non-isolated), RDM is not supported on this device
Open to the community
This project has been released with a GPL license, you are free to do what ever you want with the design, with the following restrictions:
- Any modification to the hardware or software must be given back to the community.
- You cannot remove or modify any copyright notice.
This DMX USB interface is based on the FTDI 232BM chip, it's a USB to serial converter. Using a simple application on a PC you can send and receive DMX512.
Community Apps (Open Source/ Free)
- Martin M-PC
- Q Light Controller (Win & OSX & Linux)
- QLC + (Win & OSX & Linux)
- Lights UP
- Hip's Rsource page
- Masterpeace Free
- JV Lightning DmxControl (OSX)
- Vixen - Lights Automation (Win)
- VirtualLightDesk (Mac App)
- StageConsole (Open Source VB )
- Capture Visualiser using DMX USB 2 ESP (above)
- DMX 4 Linux
- DMXDesk 9 (Open Source VB)
- Linux Driver & Example